PinballX is currently a new project created at the end of May 2013 and is in active development.
Download PinballX here.
For support, and to get involved please head over to the PinballX forum.
LAV Filters are the recommended solution to support video playback and you can download a version here. If you are still using Windows XP download FFDSHOW here.
To add your tables use the included game list manager.
PinballX will benefit from a multi core CPU and a quad core is recommended if using multiple displays.
PinballX includes high score features thanks to PINemHi by Dna Disturber.
Online and remote access features are available at GameEx Online.
A Lite version of PinballX is also included specifically designed for windows tablets.
Modern and higher end hardware is highly recommended for pinball cabs with two or three screens due to the demands of multiple high resolution videos and constantly loading high resolution artwork. However, PinballX itself does not demand much itself and the lite version requires next to nothing to run.
Note: PinballX is not free for commercial use. You should contact us before including or using PinballX with your products.
Fixes Game Manager not detecting media.
God bless the King.
I've attempted to improve landscape setups and desktop mode in this release.
There is a new wheel list type in this release. Allowing the existing curved wheel and a new straight wheel. The straight wheel avoids filling the display with logos and obscuring the table video. By default (auto) it is straight in landscape and curved in portrait. Can be adjusted under display settings.
The first fairly significant update for a while. I've been enjoying life but do seem to have slowed down a bit.
It seems FullDMD videos are a new media addition in the scene now, following apngs as a new thing which I pioneered here.
PinballX now supports these and passing on the videos to play with Visual Pinball.
Its painless to setup if its your thing to go beyond traditional Pinball with a full 16/9 Full DMD display.
First you import your videos into the FullDMD videos folder. VPUniverse has quite a large collection now. Then you need to enable keep aspect/full DMD under DMD display settings. That should be it. The videos will play when you launch Visual Pinball and will be captured when recording videos to play in the front end. You may have issues with this feature in Windows 7 due to Direct3D display conflicts but I have not tested. I'm purely a windows 10 man right now and have not tested in a VM.
In audition there are various fixes in this release including the following:
Auto position b2s does not overwrite existing dmd settings. That will keep the freaks happy
Fixes use pinmame in front end
Fixes creating dmd screenshots.
Improved APNG support thanks to Scutters.
Thanks to @Mike_da_Spike fixes 4 out of the 6 bugs in the bug thread.
The pandemic, losing my mother during it and dwindling interest from others along with a different situation personally has prompted me to make some significant changes and me wanting to make things purely a hobby again, albeit funded by me.
Everything is now free, including all variations of GameEx, the FTP, artwork download and GameEx Online.
I want to do things purely for the glory, hobby and community, once again.
Hopefully it will bring some renewed interest and a better purpose for me, while not having to worry about taxes, EU red tape and not much income to show for it.
I want to enjoy my work and not compete on a commercial level with free products and a commercial product that spends large amounts of money on marketing and employees.
I also want to give something back. We are all riding off the back of other peoples work and efforts and I want to have more admirable intentions going forward. I was primarily inspired by MAME and that has always been free.
I can afford the cost and hopefully I will get some new support and renewed interest because of my good intentions and I can continue to be motivated, if not more so.
Thank you to everyone who ever purchased something from me and all the support over the years. There has been many high points such as products being shown on Shark Tank twice, Pinball hall of fame and being featured in numerous books, publications and cover disks (if you are old enough to know what they are!)
I have two new free GameEx products in the pipeline and I am in no way slowing things down. Its just time to mix it up again..
Hopefully you will support me in going free for all but if you just purchased and are unhappy feel free to contact me for a refund.
Its all about the hobby and always should be.
I would like to take a moment to show my thanks and respect to @Mike_da_Spike and @scutters for their numerous contributions to both the PinballX product and community over the last several years. On behalf of us all, thank you!
This release contains updated default DMD videos and the all new updated start to finish PinballX documentation by @Mike_da_Spike.
Thank you, and enjoy..
Announcing the latest incarnation of the PinballX front end. Currently in testing.
This version moves PinballX and most of the libraries to .net framework 5 (Previously .net core).
The reason is simple - significant performance improvements. It even starts up in half the time for an initial install.
It is currently an experimental release and its future is not fully not known yet.
Only Windows 10/11 64 bit is supported.
It can run along side the regular release of PinballX as long as installed in a different folder.
Lockdown Loco GameEx and Spesoft sale.
Everything half price until further notice.
Use coupon code: 7ACE8
View the full article
- Just needed to add a bit more code for the additional 20 system slots.
- Fixes menu applications settings
- Adds option to hide media (DMD, Backglass, Topper) for menu applications.
- Adds apng to wheel import in game manager. Enjoy.
- New menu applications feature. Add individual programs to the menu, accessible from the "Applications" menu item.
- Maximum amount of other systems has been increased to 60 from 40.
Auto position DMD honors Freezy DMDExt ignore aspect ratio.
- Fixes first frame of video not showing.
Fixes focus issues when PinballX launched from game manager.
The auto position B2S feature now hides the grill if you have a DMD display.
- Improved detection of VPX full screen exclusive mode.
- Improved the auto position DMD/PinMAME feature.
- New feature and setting to automatically detect and show DMD image or video in game if the launched game is not using one. This is on by default. I need this testing on a real dmd.
- Latest Pinemhi by DNA disturber.
- Bypass disclaimers is now always on and cabinet mode is set automatically as well as disabling directdraw if using VPX full screen exclusive.
- Black dot cursor file was missing from the install meaning the cursor could not be fully hidden.
- Ive done significant testing with VPX now (I was behind) and I have improved timing when a table is launched. You may wish to change or use the additional delay desktop setting.
- Minor performance improvements once a table is launched.
- Loading images prioritise GIFs over other images.
- Fixes first instance of loading video or capture not working
- Fix: Real DMD will not initialize entering in game / pause if PinMAME running.
Screen streaming is working again at GameEx online and now supports full screen exclusive apps too.
I am working on an online list manager which will take you closer to managing your cabinet without getting off the couch (even if on the other side of the world).
I have not taken donations for ten years and PinballX is essentially free software along with https://vpdb.io which I host.
If you want to support the cause please consider purchasing a subscription or lifetime access. I hate to say it but money from my hobby goes a long way to motivate me if not support my lifestyle.
Im not the one to go to on every product for some people these days but I (and others here) have motivated and inspired many people and innovated and been the first with many things..
You will get a lot for your money including GmeEx Online and you will keep me motivated, innovative and inspired.
GameEx, PinballX and Spesoft Products - Spesoft Forums
- No image company logo now supports apng and gif.
- Can now use pipe as OR in wildcards for dynamic filtered lists.
- New in built Zaccaria Pinball support
- New feature to display date and time on primary display.
- Fulfilling an easy feature request for one of our most valued members.
- Adds restart option to exit screen.
- Fixes video recording when primary display not display 1
PinballX was developed by Spesoft and Headsoft