PinballX is currently a new project created at the end of May 2013 and is in active development.
Download PinballX here.
For support, and to get involved please head over to the PinballX forum.
LAV Filters are the recommended solution to support video playback and you can download a version here. If you are still using Windows XP download FFDSHOW here.
To add your tables use the included game list manager.
PinballX will benefit from a multi core CPU and a quad core is recommended if using multiple displays.
PinballX includes high score features thanks to PINemHi by Dna Disturber.
Online and remote access features are available at GameEx Online.
A Lite version of PinballX is also included specifically designed for windows tablets.
Modern and higher end hardware is highly recommended for pinball cabs with two or three screens due to the demands of multiple high resolution videos and constantly loading high resolution artwork. However, PinballX itself does not demand much itself and the lite version requires next to nothing to run.
Note: PinballX is not free for commercial use. You should contact us before including or using PinballX with your products.
- Full screen exclusive mode is working again, at least for me (super fast fps front end).
- Faster image and playfield video loading. Images now load using WIC. Playfield surface is created on a thread,
- Video captures are now optimized for streaming and nvenc encoding is reduced to 442 for compatibility..
- Some other optimizations and reduced code.
As always, enjoy!
Fixes video capture for non NVidia.
Further optimized video capturing, capturing playfield at the same time as other videos f you have a cpu with 5 or more threads and also avoiding additional transcodes.
Fixes nvidia driver capture when display is portrait.
Fixes delay exiting from table.
Fixes performance issue when navigation large lists.
Fixes company logo in desktop mode.
Fixes animated GIFs.
Desktop mode is now enforced if enabled, regardless of rotation.
Fixes b2s backglass behind form when returning from pause.
Fixes back glasses not showing on recent versions of Visual Pinball 10 and B2S server.
Video capturing now uses Nvidia hardware encoding if available greatly speeding up the process on capable systems.
New and improved table loading image support.
Animated GIFs are supported again and there are now two modes for loading images (configured under general settings).
You can use the existing loading image/video mode or the new playfield image mode. With the new mode it will either use a playfield image or take a snapshot of your playfield video. Then either use a default or one of your own animated gifs which is then overlayed and animated with a fade in.
The result looks pretty slick in my opinion and this is a highly requested feature.
Note that animated GIFs are now auto rotated if required and regular images at 0 degrees should be used. Note, if you have an unusually long animated GIF the number of frames may be clipped.
The fade in of loading images is now done on a thread and games may load a little quicker too. There are also some blitting optimizations to avoid slow done on a UHD 4k display.
- Fixes in game/pause
- Fixes exit game timer
B2S backglasses within front end now work on 64 bit version.
All plugins now work across all CPU architectures (x86 and x64) and the install now defaults to a 64 bit install.
New launch/loading video support. Just place video files in media\loading videos.
GIFs caused pretty big performance issues and are no longer supported since videos are supported now. If you have existing GIFs you wish to still use just convert them to videos with something like Convert-It.
Again NOTE that I have a new code signing certificate and it will be untrusted by windows until it gets out in the wild a bit.
Fixes real DMD video memory leak.
Fixes Game Manager importing table, B2s and ROMs.
Improved loading of media while navigating (fixes lag).
When adding a table in the Game Manager by any method IPDB game data will be automatically searched for and added.
New basic menu mode option. This hides all menu items other than media.
NOTE: I have a new code signing certificate and windows will detect the installer as untrusted until it gets out in the wild a bit.
Several fixes and performance improvements along with a new recently added list.
- Fixes flash instructions memory leak.
- XDMD memory leak also seems to be resolved.
New systems wheel list. Configure under general settings.
Show a wheel list of your systems. Can optionally make it always show first at startup.
To use artwork for this new list place video or image files named "- system -" in the appropriate folder (backglass, table images/videos etc). eg. - system -.mp4
Also fixed a couple of performance issues.
Fixes flash instructions not loading after a few times.
View the full article
PinballX 3.43 released.
Fixes for Visual Pinball 10.
The PinballX executable files have been drastically reduced in size by using better library linking methods. Smaller EXE files are known to improve application startup time.
Allows Apron to display on playfield.
It seems positioning set for the backglass in the settings was being ignored. This is now fixed. If your backglass positioning is now off with this release check the positioning in the Setup Wizard and ensure it is correct.
Here is your opportunity to get GameEx Evolution and the rest of the lifetime package at half price.
Now half price until end of November to celebrate the recent release of GameEx Evolution.
You will also get a coupon for Emumovies lifetime at half price and the first 25 lifetime pruchases starting midnight black Friday get EmuMovies free.
View the full article
- Bug fixes
- Faster playfield image/video load.
- Improved startup speed
- Improved performance
- Startup video support for other displays. Look in Mediia\Startup Videos for information on how to use
- Hides the desktop better
- The PinballX application itself has been moved to the .NET framework 4 and SharpDX from 2 and SlimDX.
- Table audio is now loaded on a thread to improve fps in front end.
- Table, DMD and Topper images have improved upscaling/downscaling and loading them stops possible frame skips in front end.
Improved startup speed and other performance improvements.
- Can now rate a table within the front end.
- Company logos can be by a year or year range. Use the following in the filename: Bally (1980), Bally (-1980), Bally (1980-), Bally (1982-1988). There is also now no fixed limit on how many you can have.
- Automatically add new and missing tables. This feature is enabled or disabled under General Settings
- Current Pin2DMD support with the existing DLLs is broken now, so I have included new working versions with the installer. Select the option for Pin2DMD when installing.
- Fixes mouse wheel not working in game manager.
- The install now defaults to a 32 bit install, for both new installs and anyone upgrading from a release prior to this one. If you are not using the 32 bit version select the option on install. It caused numerous support issues previously and it just wasn't a good idea to default to 64 bit in hindsight.
PinballX was developed by Spesoft and Headsoft