PinballX is currently a new project created at the end of May 2013 and is in active development.
Download PinballX here.
For support, and to get involved please head over to the PinballX forum.
LAV Filters are the recommended solution to support video playback and you can download a version here. If you are still using Windows XP download FFDSHOW here.
To add your tables use the included game list manager.
PinballX will benefit from a multi core CPU and a quad core is recommended if using multiple displays.
PinballX includes high score features thanks to PINemHi by Dna Disturber.
Online and remote access features are available at GameEx Online.
A Lite version of PinballX is also included specifically designed for windows tablets.
Modern and higher end hardware is highly recommended for pinball cabs with two or three screens due to the demands of multiple high resolution videos and constantly loading high resolution artwork. However, PinballX itself does not demand much itself and the lite version requires next to nothing to run.
Note: PinballX is not free for commercial use. You should contact us before including or using PinballX with your products.
Auto position DMD honors Freezy DMDExt ignore aspect ratio.
- Fixes first frame of video not showing.
Fixes focus issues when PinballX launched from game manager.
The auto position B2S feature now hides the grill if you have a DMD display.
- Improved detection of VPX full screen exclusive mode.
- Improved the auto position DMD/PinMAME feature.
- New feature and setting to automatically detect and show DMD image or video in game if the launched game is not using one. This is on by default. I need this testing on a real dmd.
- Latest Pinemhi by DNA disturber.
- Bypass disclaimers is now always on and cabinet mode is set automatically as well as disabling directdraw if using VPX full screen exclusive.
- Black dot cursor file was missing from the install meaning the cursor could not be fully hidden.
- Ive done significant testing with VPX now (I was behind) and I have improved timing when a table is launched. You may wish to change or use the additional delay desktop setting.
- Minor performance improvements once a table is launched.
- Loading images prioritise GIFs over other images.
- Fixes first instance of loading video or capture not working
- Fix: Real DMD will not initialize entering in game / pause if PinMAME running.
Screen streaming is working again at GameEx online and now supports full screen exclusive apps too.
I am working on an online list manager which will take you closer to managing your cabinet without getting off the couch (even if on the other side of the world).
I have not taken donations for ten years and PinballX is essentially free software along with https://vpdb.io which I host.
If you want to support the cause please consider purchasing a subscription or lifetime access. I hate to say it but money from my hobby goes a long way to motivate me if not support my lifestyle.
Im not the one to go to on every product for some people these days but I (and others here) have motivated and inspired many people and innovated and been the first with many things..
You will get a lot for your money including GmeEx Online and you will keep me motivated, innovative and inspired.
GameEx, PinballX and Spesoft Products - Spesoft Forums
- No image company logo now supports apng and gif.
- Can now use pipe as OR in wildcards for dynamic filtered lists.
- New in built Zaccaria Pinball support
- New feature to display date and time on primary display.
- Fulfilling an easy feature request for one of our most valued members.
- Adds restart option to exit screen.
- Fixes video recording when primary display not display 1
Flash has been completely removed from Windows 10 causing PinballX not to boot.
This address fixes that.
For support for apng images must now have the .apng extension and are supported throughout,
- Fixes Flash (SWF) instruction cards.
- Instruction card image files show at correct aspect ratio.
Adds support for specific .apng extension for wheel logos so they are not cached.
- Adds APNG support (animated PNG)
Requirements to participate.
- active subscription
- Game name, publisher and year must match exactly.
Updated every three hours (Its an expensive sql query)
New hardware accelerated video recording on windows 10. Does 60fps at 1080p and should work out the box on any windows 10 system. It can also record Future Pinball which has been a problem in the scene for some time.
Only known limitation is it wont record portrait display settings in Windows.
- When using a touchscreen, pressing down on the top left corner to exit system is working as expected.
- New custom system for exe files.
- Absolute file paths for game/rom files are supported.
Amount of other systems increased to 40.
- Fixes surplus custom lists showing.
(Note version jump is because of Touch-Play using same source code).
Adds, theme, comment and author fields to gamelist filter lists.
Fixes x64 Game Manager old version being included with installer.
(Version number jump is because of Touch-Play which uses the same source)
PinballX was developed by Spesoft and Headsoft